Thursday, June 12, 2014

Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer Review


Can we just check out this gorgeousness that is the Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer? Extra points for the punny name too!

This is the most lux concealer pot that I've ever laid my grubby large hands on. It's rather solid, hefty almost and is actually a good substitute as a paperweight, a beauty addict's paperweight that is. I particularly like the filleted (architectural software command that joins 2 lines perpendicular to each other with a rounded corner. hur hur) edges of the glass.

I know that the Marc Jacobs Beauty line does go quite high end, but this concealer retails for SGD$36 which is actually not too bad given that Tarte, MUFE, Nars etc. go for much higher, and even MAC concealers are SGD$30 which is not that much cheaper than the Marc Jacobs Concealer. It's probably one of the more value-for-money items in the range in my opinion ( and also because I might be concealer obsessed).


Enough of the case/tub-gasm. The product inside is unlike any concealer I've ever felt before. I highly suggest that if possible, do go down to a sephora/marc jacobs store to feel it. It's super duper creamy and silky, yet it's almost like all that silky creamy goodness got pressed at an intense pressure to form dense yet airy texture. I am so bad at describing it, so let me give it another go. It feels like an ultra dense meringe mixture before it's been baked. For those who are familiar with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, it's like someone whipped that formula then pressed it into a more solid form.

It's whipped delight, that's what this is. (sidenote: this also feels and is chock full of silicones that is probably what gives it its delightful texture)

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC30, Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer 04 Glow
I have the shade 04 Glow, which does well on my NC30-35 skin when used on pigmentation and scars. It's not brightening under the eye so if you're looking for an undereye concealer do go a shade lighter. 04 Glow also has peachy undertones, so it would do well if you're a NC35 and above and looking to correct dark circles. I can't use this in large portions because I'm more yellow undertone than peach, but in areas to correct the colour of pigmentation, this does wonders.


For demonstration purposes, I have used my dark eye circles as the rest of my face is being a bitch. When Marc said full cover, he was not kidding. My favourite way of using this concealer is going in with a small brush and to pinpoint conceal lisa eldridge style. It blends out seamlessly into the rest of the face while still giving any marks the coverage that you so desire. I find that using a finger really just wastes product because a finger smears the product around. Also given the relative softness of the product (as compared to other cream concealers), using fingers seem to create a dent in the tub really fast!

Texture wise, it's so creamy that I thought it would be a really hydrating concealer. I was disappointed because the texture actually exposes the rough texture and any dry patches that I have on my skin. Another reason why pinpoint concealing is the way to go. Folks with nice smooth skin/well hydrated skin would best benefit from this concealer.

Longevity is where the other portion of the name comes in - re(marc)able indeed. My combination dehydrated yet oily face went a full 9 hours with minor fading of this concealer in portions of my face that I do not touch like my cheeks. Considering that I find this concealer to be one of those do not not truly set to a finish that doesn't transfer (like the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer), it is very impressive! I wish it did set someone like the MUFE Full Cover Concealer though, would really appreciate something that doesn't transfer.

All in all, aside from the rather crappy shade range, if you're someone who has PIH and smooth skin, or are willing to put in the effort to pinpoint conceal, this would be a comparable concealer to the likes of MUFE Full Cover Concealer but with a better, softer finish. Folks with more textured skin or matured skin, if you enjoy the skin-like texture (because this concealer does reveal the skin texture through it's pigments), then this is also for you.

This is an A product for me, now if only I had smoother skin to make using this product easier. -wistful-

1 comment:

  1. This looks great on you! I once tried a Marc Jacobs concealer at ULTA by this pushy associate (even though I specifically asked for the Tarte Maracuja Concealer) and she color-matched me to a concealer that had a greenish tinge :( But this actually looks really nice and natural on you. I'd love to try this one instead!

    ReplyDelete